No Hot Water in Shower but...

Old 09-12-05, 06:26 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Hot Water in Shower but...

it used to work.

I have a shower that I haven't used in about 6 months. Last time I used it it functioned fine. This morning I went to use it because I am working on my other shower. I turned the water on and set it to about the same setting as my other shower and waited for it to get warm. It never did so I turned the control knob around further to the hot side and the water stopped completely.

What the heck? I went to the sink on the other side of the wall and hot water comes out of the sink faucet ok.

The house uses well water so it was too cold to shower! Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Old 09-12-05, 06:29 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
water

if i understand you right you say the water is not getting hot . do you have a seperate heat tank for this side if so you might have a bad heat element on water heater from siting that would be my guess . but i dont do many of them . just a thought

Old 09-12-05, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Single handle faucet probably has a cartridge that has gone bad. Get a name from the faucet and replace the cartridge. When you remove the old cartridge, make sure you look carefully at the way it is installed (maybe even mark the top) so your sure to install the new one in the proper postion. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: