Lateral Support for 2" DWV Pipe?

Old 09-27-05, 04:41 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Lateral Support for 2" DWV Pipe?

I am running a 2" DWV Pipe vertically in a 2x4 wall. The only fitting in the pipe is a sink drain sanitary tee centered 17.5" off the floor. I have the pipe running through two holes (one in the top plate and sole plate) but it seems to me I should hold the pipe in place near the drain somewhere so it is not so "jiggly". Is this necessary and, if so, how is it typically done (since there isn't much room for anything besides the pipe in a 2x4 wall)?

Thanks in advance,

Old 09-27-05, 05:50 AM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,128
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I use a piece of 1 x 4 for blocking between the wall studs... anchor my pipe to that.... overkill probably.. but made me feel pretty secure...
Old 09-27-05, 03:03 PM
shacko's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore County Maryland
Posts: 2,002
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DWV Support

What you need is called a riser clamp, these can be obtained at any plumbing supply house; make sure that they know what type of pipe you are running [they are different]. should work like a charm. Lots of luck.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: