plastic to copper

Old 09-28-05, 11:11 AM
siempre
Visiting Guest
plastic to copper

Hi
joined a couple of plastic 3 way T joint on to a existing central heating system last night to connect another radiator seeing the winter is on its way I managed to do this but with a struggle because the existing copper pipe had no give what so ever to bring it out far enough to enter and then to fit in to the plastic joint sufficiently to form a seal. Any ideas for the next time I do this please Allan

Old 09-28-05, 12:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Why didnt you do it in copper and be done with it????

ED

Old 09-28-05, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plastic to copper

What kind of plastic are you trying to connect to copper?. A lot of it is not rated for heat situations. A little more info. might help me give you a answer.

Old 09-28-05, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Picture this !

Siempre: I understand exactly what your attempting, up to the point of the word plastic! From your description I wonder if you are using the proper tees for this application. Are you installing this on a loop system or a straight line system? Your flow direction is very important. What size is the pipe you are installing on. At times like this it would sure be nice if you could post a picture of your situation! Please post back with a little more information on this and we will all be glad to help guide you. Plastic Hmmmmmm! I would sure hate to see this come apart on you when the system heats up. Good Luck and post back soon.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: