copper pipe, sink base, dishwasher

Old 09-30-05, 10:24 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
copper pipe, sink base, dishwasher

Hello all,

I have to install a sink base cabinet and dishwasher. I need to remove the copper pipe that attaches to the diswasher so I can cut a nice hole in the cabinet to install the sink base. What is the best method to cut the copper pipe, and then reinstall after I have the sink base in? should I cut it at the joint, in the middle or where? Just seeking a little advice for my kitchen remodel project, which is almost done. just have to do these two things, and install countertop. thanks.

david

Old 09-30-05, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most dishwashers are piped with soft copper. The connection to the DW is a compression nut. You should be able to remove the nut from the DW by removing the front lower panel and unscrewing the nut. Then slide the DW out and move the tubing out of your way. If it is hard piped, you will have to cut it wherever it will be easiest to reconnect. Good luck.

Old 10-02-05, 03:35 PM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
dishwasher

sorry, I guess I misspoke. I have the dishwasher disconnected already, and I need to drill holes and cut the new sink base cabinet out so I can drop in a sink and connect the dishwasher. The problem is the dishwasher water supply line (made of copper) is too long, and won't fit inside the new sink base cabinet. I'm wondering whether I should just cut the line, get a new one, and solder it together, or is it possible to disconnect the copper line at it's joint, and if so, how? I am not sure if you can disconnect a copper line at a joint, or does it have to be cut? I tried to muscle it in disconnecting it, but it was a big no go.

Old 10-02-05, 05:48 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
In your case I would cut the line and then solder a coupling in when you determine the correct length. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: