Moving a Toilet

Old 10-03-05, 10:32 AM
new home 33
Visiting Guest
Moving a Toilet

We are planning the remodel of a bathroom and want to hire a plumber for part of the job. We would like to move the toilet and the shower, and include a double sink in the bathroom.
I would like to know thoughts on the feasibility of moving the toilet. We have a raised floor in the bathroom, there is a step up from the hallway into the bathroom about 4-6 inches.
Thanks!

Old 10-03-05, 05:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moving toilet

I don't think this is enough information Where are the pipes? Why do you have a raised floor? Where do you want to put them? Sorry, but I need nore information to help

Old 10-06-05, 06:54 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, what shacko said. Sometimes it's possible; sometimes not. You see strange things in older houses or houses that originally had septic and now have sewer. I did a small job for a lady not long ago - she wanted to move the toilet only a couple of feet, replace it with a new one, and replace the bathroom floor. Turns out when I looked into it, the toilet wasn't teed off of the waste stack like I expected. There was really no main stack; the toilet, located on the second floor, discharged straight down into a 4" cast iron pipe that ran clear to the basement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: