High Pitched Squeal

Old 10-06-05, 11:34 AM
Dixierg
Visiting Guest
High Pitched Squeal

When ever our neighbor above us runs the water in their kitchen sink we are subjected to a maddening high pitched squeal. Apparently our maintenance group can not find the problem or at least that is what they say. Can you please give me some suggestions for this crew? Since this happens numerous times in the late hours of the evening and wee hours of the morning, I am literally about to lose my mind. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-05, 02:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen sink squeal

If you are sure that it is comming from the kitchen sink, the focus has to be on that. Can the squeal be caused on demand? Does the sink have a single lever faucet or two handle? Are there shut-off valves under the sink? If the sink has a two handle I would shut off one side and see if the squeal stopped, if it did that would indicate that the problem lies in the side that is shut off. This is if's and's and but's, too many questions. I think that your maintenence group needs to hire a pro. Sorry, but there are too many things that have to be checked out one by one. Luck.

Old 10-06-05, 02:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a bad washer in one of the handles. When they wear out, they sometimes "shred" which makes a sound like a reed instrument when water passes over them. If they have a single handle faucet, it's probably a bad "O" ring in the cartridge. Good luck.