New Bathroom

Old 10-17-05, 01:08 AM
Mick W
Visiting Guest
New Bathroom

I intend putting in a walk in shower in a new bathroom. The bathroom is one floor above ground level and the floor is of timber joists 3x8. Can you give me some waterproofing advice please ? Would it be a good idea for me to buy a ready made acrylic one piece shower unit ?

Also, will 40mm waste pipes run above the floor and be cased in, or can I run them under the floor and drill through the joists ?

Thanks in anticipation,

Mick W.

Old 10-17-05, 08:13 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
shower

well id go with the ready made acrylic one piece shower unit less chance of it leaking as far as pipe goes i dont know what the codes are in france you might want to check with your town on them to see if you can do what you want with pipes and sizes

Old 10-18-05, 06:57 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mick W,

When I am working on custom showers such as a walk in I have the floor hot mopped up 10" on the walls. They are not to expensive and it never fails if done correctly. You plave 2x12 flat blocks all the way around the bottom of the shower framing to give backing for all the other materials. You build a curb across the shower opeing using 2x4 layed flat on the floor. You then nail them through the face. You stack two or three of these depending on how much of a curb you need. Then you are ready to hot mop in and call the tile setter.

I hope this answered your questions.

Brian Garrison

Old 10-28-05, 12:29 PM
Mick W
Visiting Guest
Hello Brian,

Many thanks for the information. took me a while to figure that 'hot mopping' is what we call 'asphalting'. I'm OK now.

Thanks once more, Mick Wilson.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: