Kitchen sink clogged even tho disposal works well

Old 10-21-05, 07:00 PM
Laurie8801
Visiting Guest
Kitchen sink clogged even tho disposal works well

Hi,

I searched through the threads looking for another person with a similar problem - my disposal works fine but water keeps backing up in my sink. I originally suspected the disposal because I made some tea with loose herbs recently and washed the boiled herbs down the sink (I'll never do that again - some of them were rather fibrous). Never had the problem with the water backing up till then. But my disposal is fine so is my next step to look at the U trap? I don't have the right tools to remove it right now but I'm trying to figure out what my next step is and what I need to get at Home Depot to fix it.

Also - wanted to mention that I've already tried wrapping the pop-up drain in a wet rag and using a plunger to loosen whatever is down there. No success with that, unfortunately.

Any help is much appreciated - Laurie

Old 10-21-05, 07:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you have plastic piping for the drain line, you probably won't need any tools. These are usually only hand tight. Place a bucket under the trap and unscrew the two nuts holding it in position. If the nuts are too tight for hand removal, use a pair of slip-joint pliers or a 14" pipe wrench. Reply back if the problem is not in the trap. Good luck.

Old 10-21-05, 07:15 PM
Laurie8801
Visiting Guest
Sure will. Thanks Majakdragon!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: