Want to install a basement laundry tub

Old 10-23-05, 01:45 PM
OrangeCoke
Visiting Guest
Want to install a basement laundry tub

Hi folks,

I'm interested in having a laundry tub installed in my basement. But when I call plumbers, doesn't seem like anyone does that. So I'm pondering doing it myself. It looks like I would have to install a drain AND supply lines. Is that difficult? Will I wreck my water pressure if I goof it up? How challenging is this type of installation? I'm a "moderately skilled" do-it-yourselfer

Old 10-23-05, 04:22 PM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The real experts can tell you more but you will need to furnish more detail like what type of waste pipe you have and where it and a vent is relative to the tub location.

The lack of plumbers willing to do "small" jobs is an issue I've encountered and have been forced to "become" my own plumber too.

The suppy part is easy if you can solder. Venting and tying into waste lines can get tricky, involve breaking up a concrete floor, and will have code issues to address.

Good luck!

Old 10-24-05, 08:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Take pictures and link them from www.photobucket.com so we can see the location of where you want to put the laundry tub. It may be simple and then again it might prove to be quite difficult.

Old 10-24-05, 09:04 PM
OrangeCoke
Visiting Guest
I'll try to get pics soonish.

Question - what would venting be for? If it's just a large sink, isn't it just hot water, cold water and drain?

Old 10-26-05, 08:41 AM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
All drains need venting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: