Water pressure differences between hot and cold water

Old 10-23-05, 06:50 PM
jeffyounie
Visiting Guest
Water pressure differences between hot and cold water

I am in the process of purchasing a house and it has a dug well. This is my first well experience. The water pressure is fine from the cold water faucets but the pressure is considerably lower from the hot. The house has baseboard heat by an oil fired boiler and the hot water comes from it. There is no hot water storage tank. The pump is set to turn on at 30 psi and off at 50. The pump and pressure tank seem fairly new and the boiler is 15 years old. I have searched high and low on the net and elsewhere and have been unable to find an explanation as to why it is the way it is. Some co-workers haves speculated that the pressure might be intentionally set low so that the boiler can keep up with supplying hot water.

Old 10-24-05, 08:53 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It is possible that the lower pressure could be buildup in the hot sides of the faucets. Corrosion can be greater on the hot side of fixtures depending on the quality of water before it was heated, along with the age of the heating system. Isolation valves can clog up,,,,,,,might want to check this as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: