Replacing tub/shower faucet.

Old 10-24-05, 01:43 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing tub/shower faucet.

I am planning on doing some updates to my bathroom. I currently have a set-up that needs a tard helmet. There are 3 knobs, cold, hot and shower. The cold you almost need a pry bar for, the hot is not much better. The deverter knob works about half way, water comes out of both when trying to shower. The stopper to fill up the bath is a flip switch style that works seperately from the knobs. The drain has a "drum" type catch installed. How dificult would it be to install a new set of knobs (same type, to keep with the decor of the room) and a "U Bend" style catch.

Old 10-24-05, 08:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing or repairing the 3 handle faucet? Both can be done. They make more modern valves that work in place of the 3 handles. Rebuilding isn't too bad....that would keep with the aesthetics of the room.

Replacing the Drum Trap is a good idea. It all depends on your experience with working with plumbing on both drain and faucet. They both will take considerable time, knowing the right parts to work with to adapt to your water/drain piping will make all the difference in these matters.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: