How to connect to Public Sewer Lines?

Old 11-01-05, 04:34 PM
vssjr_architect
Visiting Guest
Exclamation How to connect to Public Sewer Lines?

My problem is , i have a new set of new drains, such as floor drain, kitchen sinkk and floor sink, base on the approved plans in l.a. city i need to connect this separately to public sewer, and not to the existing one because this is intended for commercial food preparation. so my question is how to connecct in public sewer and how to locate it?

Old 11-01-05, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The local wastewater department can locate the sewer line for you and by looking at the manholes at each end, will even be able to tell you how deep it is.

Now for the hard part. You will need to have someone pull the permit, probably a street cut permit (with bond), and they will need to do the work.

When the trench is open, you absolutely need shoring in place if the trench is over 5 feet deep.

This still doesn't answer your question about the physical connection. This will depend entirely on the pipe material buried. Clay tile can be very bad, plastic is good...it really depends.

Has anyone talked to you about a grease trap yet?

Good luck with your project....

Old 11-02-05, 12:33 AM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I remember correctly, you need to talk to the Department of Public Works(Bureau of Engineering). They handle sewer permits. They should be able to tell you where to hook up the sewer and who can do the work. They can also tell you the regulations, permits and fees for digging up the street and connecting to the sewer.

A couple years ago I talked to them when I considered connecting my house to the sewer. There maps tell exactly where the stub is for my house - in the middle of the street and 14 ft deep. My cesspool and seepage pit is working fine so I haven't been willing to spend 10k-15k.

Old 11-02-05, 09:42 AM
vssjr_architect
Visiting Guest
Thanks Guys

Thank you very much its help me a lot, i already had the permits so i need a professional plumer with this project.
Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: