dishwasher

Old 11-03-05, 02:49 PM
bajuli
Visiting Guest
dishwasher

Good evening, I would like to know how to hook up a dishwasher.

Old 11-03-05, 03:20 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
bajuli, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
You will need a 3/8" line running from your hot water supply line to the dishwasher. Most DW's do not include the 3/8" male iron pipe to 3/8" compression fitting elbow so you will have to purchase this seperately. You also need a 110 Volt hook-up for the wiring. Some have plug in's and some have to be hardwired. Be sure to turn off the power if you have to hardwire it. Run the drain hose up and over the cabinet next to the Dishwasher going to the drain. Most areas now require an air-gap in the drain line. This has to be installed through the countertop. Follow the installation instructions. Good luck and reply back with any further questions.

Old 11-03-05, 03:31 PM
bajuli
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your reply, I suppose I should have mentioned this dishwaher was disconnected from my sink and is now being installed upstairs in an apartment, which has new plumbing, its' own valve and all the hoses connected, along with being hard wired. I don't recall seeing a 3/8" male iron pipe or a drain hose when it was removed.

Old 11-03-05, 03:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The 3/8" male iron pipe adapter is probably still connected to the dishwasher. I thought you were installing a new one. The drainhose is connected to the dishwasher (or should be). If there is no drain hose, how did the water exit the dishwasher when previously installed? i would say you at least have an idea of the hook-up since it would be the same as when you had it in your place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: