What's the best inline sediment filter I can get?

Old 11-18-05, 07:21 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What's the best inline sediment filter I can get?

I often get bits of dirt/sand, etc. that gets sucked up through my well pump, then it gets into all the PEX and copper piping in my house and eventually clogs up all my screens on my faucets, washing machine, etc., and even clogs up the pressure tank shut off valve. I have either 1" or 3/4" PEX piping that comes out of my pressure tank which feeds the rest of the house. Right now there is NO sediment filter at all on this. The 1" PEX coming out of my pressure tank goes straight into my boiler (I have baseboard hot water heat), and also branches off for my cold water lines in the house. I was thinking of putting a sediment filter right at the location of where the PEX piping comes OUT of the pressure tank. I would like the filter to be BEFORE the pressure tank so the pressure tank can't ever get sediment in it, but this would mess up my water pressure flow and the well pump sensor might now work the right way if the sediment filter gets clogged up. So I think my best bet is to put the sediment filter AFTER the pressure tank BUT before the rest of my house.

Can anybody recommend REALLY good sediment filters that don't cost a small fortune to buy or maintain?

Thanks

Old 11-25-05, 08:23 PM
birdgs
Visiting Guest
I use an AquaPure AP801. It was less than $50 and the filters cost about $20 every three months.

My filter is placed just after the pressure tank and before the Acid Neutrilizer/Iron Clear (Culligan) tank. The water then flows to the rest of the house.

Once, I changed from the paper filters to the charcoal filters. After two months, my upstairs shower had no water. After realizing that I might have a filter problem, I checked it and found that the charcoal filter was too good. I'm back on the paper filters and no longer have a problem with water pressure.

If/when I replace this filter system, I'll change to a system that has a clear filter holder. I'd like to be able to tell how much sediment is in the filter from day to day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: