New Vanity, pumbing is too low...

Old 11-27-05, 06:22 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Vanity, plumbing is too low...

We just moved into this house a year ago and I thought things were pretty new.... or so I was told. Well, this weekend proved to be the bathroom cabinet's "time to go". We went to Home Depot today and found a beautiful cabinet set and picked it up. We got home and everything went as expected, no headaches or anything, the old vanity and sink came off pretty easily, no glitches. I went to put the new cabinet to the wall and discovered the pipe coming straight out of the wall is too low. The piping is set in the wall coming from the right, and has an elbow fitting coming straight out which is the problem. Is it possible to twist the elbow pipe upwards and getting a new fitting to come out into the cabinet in order to hook the "P" pipe in?

Old 11-27-05, 06:46 PM
In general, you ALWAYS will have to repipe under any new sink. Go to the store and pick up a handful of assorted fittings ( 22 elbow, 45 elbow, trap adapters, tailpieces, trap. Use either glued up fittings or tubular slip joints. Start from the wall and repipe to fit. Should take you less than 30 minutes and $15.

Old 11-27-05, 07:05 PM
D
Thanks. The pipe coming out from the wall is the problem. So just to clarify, I need to replace everything from there on and I have everything I need from there on already, I bought that in figuring it could use being replaced anyway. Can I reuse the elbow that's inside the wall to be facing in an upward position and use another elbow to come out?

Old 11-28-05, 07:13 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Perhaps I am reading your post wrong. Is the HEIGHT of the drain pipe the only problem? Or do you have to move piping sideways also? If its just a height problem, you can buy longer tailpieces for the drain from the sink to the trap to get to the correct height. Just a thought. Good luck.

Old 11-29-05, 06:20 AM
D
no, I know I can adjust anyway I have to once I get the piping right when coming out of the wall. The problem is the new cabinet has a bottom drawer that sits a bit too high for the piping that is coming out of the wall. I was thinking of turning the elbow that is in the wall upwards and getting another fitting from there.That being said, the piping would come from the left, go up, and then come out of the wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: