pipe leak problem?

Old 11-29-05, 04:30 AM
Kolton
Visiting Guest
pipe leak problem?

We live in a rural area where we depend on wells for water. The house pump is piped with galv. 11/2inch pipe approx 2.5 feet from the and then connected to pvc pipe to the well head. I have a galv. tee and on the top have a 11/2in. x3/4 in bushing. threaded into that is a faucet that I use when I need to re-prime the pump. I have a leak between the bushing and the tee. I have used pipe dope, teflon tape, seperately, and together. Have taken it apart about 4 times, cleaned the threads, and started over again. I use 2 pipe wrenches and carefully tighten the fittings. All other fittings and nipples from the pump are good and no leaks. This connection continues to leak. So, thinking that possibly the bushing was bad, I bought another new one and repeated the procedure. Still leaks!! After taking it apart another 3 times, and repeating, still leaks! So, I thought, possibly the tee was bad. I bought another new tee and did everything again, at least 3 times. Still leaks!! All of this is new pipe and fittings. I put a container underneath and it is leaking at a rate of about 2 qts. per 24 hours. I am about to go crazy with this! Would appreciate hearing from some of you out there in plumbing land. Thanks for any tips or suggestions. Kolton

Old 11-29-05, 05:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
now you also know why bushings are not allowed on gas lines...

Anyway, how about a short shouldered nipple (not a close nipple, you will have the same problem) and then a 1 1/2" x 3/4" reducer. Take off from that to whatever...

Just a thought...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: