poor flow & heat in sink

Old 12-17-05, 09:43 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
poor flow & heat in sink

The hot water in my bathroom sink has a weak flow, and takes forever to get warm.

I'd say water trickles in @ 30% of the cold water from the same sink. It hasn't always been this way. And it's the only tap in the house with this problem.

I've done some troubleshooting, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the tap or the tube that runs from the pipe to the fixture. I've taken the tube off the main pipe and opened the pipe's shutoff valve and the flow is equally weak from this source.

Also, I noticed there was a lot of corrosion on the outside of the pipe which comes out of the wall.

Is it possible the pipe is corroded inside too, hence the low flow? Or might there be another problem?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Old 12-17-05, 10:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
s_diniro, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
It COULD be a corrosion problem. Is the pipe copper or galvanized? You may want to shut off the cold water inlet pipe at the water heater and remove the valve to see what the inside of the pipe looks like. Open another hot tap to relieve pressure before doing this. Check the valve inlet side while you have it off to see if corrosion or calcium deposits are blocking it. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: