two suspicious leaks at once?

Old 12-07-05, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question two suspicious leaks at once?

Today is the day when the cleaning folks come to my house and when I got home from work (cleaning folks were already gone), I discovered a considerable trickle (small, steady stream) from my tub faucet in my guest bathroom, and a small trickle (drips about every 3 seconds) from my master bathroom shower head. Both bathrooms are on the second floor and I never experienced leaks from these fixtures in the 12 months I have lived here. I closed the on/off valves as tightly as I could just in case they weren't shut off correctly, but that didn't work. The house was built in 1999, so the plumbing is fairly new. IS THIS A CASE OF TWO WASHERS GOING BAD AT THE SAME TIME (a coincidence?) OR COULD THERE BE ANOTHER PROBLEM THAT IS MORE SYSTEMIC TO THE PLUMBING? HOW SERIOUS IS THIS? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-05, 09:45 AM
You probably don't have washers, you have cartridges. How high is the water pressure in the house?

Old 12-17-05, 04:27 PM
Sorry for the late reply. You are correct, I do have cartridges. The pressure is, and pardon the use of highly-technical terminology, "just average." I haven't observed it being high or low. Seems to come out just fine.

Here's some more weird info.: the simulaneous leaks stopped after a few days. I don't know why or how, but there's no more trickle or dripping. Any thoughts?