Help with plug removal

Old 12-18-05, 09:00 AM
dtevis
Visiting Guest
Help with plug removal

I hired a plumber for rough in of a home addition. This addition has a new sewer line with bull nose cleanouts. He placed a plug between the bullnoses for preasure test. This plug has a string connecting to it down the house side cleanout pipe. I can't get the plug out and am pulling fairly hard, but don't want to break the string. How is the plug removed? I am finishing the plumbing myself have not heard back from the plumber who installed it. Thanks.

Old 12-18-05, 07:09 PM
dtevis
Visiting Guest
After some research I see that most of these plugs air inflated? How do you deflate other than puncture?

Old 12-18-05, 07:53 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most plumbing plugs have a Shrader valve (just like your car tires). If the plug is not within site, there would be a hose connected to it with a valve also. It needs to be deflated. Good luck.

Old 12-19-05, 06:06 AM
dtevis
Visiting Guest
All I have to go with is a light rope attached to it. The rope had a floating ball one the end to keep it within reach. The depth of the sewer is about 3 - 4 feet. If it has a valve is there a trick to deflating it when you don't see any part of it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: