Connect Pvc To Cpvc

Old 12-20-05, 05:42 PM
T
trimman
Visiting Guest
Connect Pvc To Cpvc

I got 1/2 inch pvc and i wanted to connect it to 1/2 inch cpvc. I was wondering what type of fitting do you use to make the transition.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-05, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
trimman, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
They DO make a glue for both PVC and CPVC. I have to ask why you are joining the two. CPVC is for hot water and in most areas PVC is not permitted inside the house. If you ever intend to sell the house, you need to do things right now. Local codes state what materials can be used in your house. Good luck.

Old 12-20-05, 06:46 PM
T
trimman
Visiting Guest
I am building a detached garage. I wanted to run pvc in the ground to the garage and cpvc inside the garage.Also my house that i am going to connect to is alss cpvc. So what i was wondering what fitting do you use to connect the two types of pipe together. pvc fittings are different from cpvc fittings.

Old 12-20-05, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. They make transition fittings from PVC to CPVC. May have to go to a Plumbing Supply store. Big box stores do not carry all the fittings available. If all else fails, you can do a male iron pipe to female iron pipe adapter in each type of fitting. Codes may be involved in this.

Old 12-20-05, 07:17 PM
T
trimman
Visiting Guest
thanks for the reply. I had been looking in big box stores and i did not see anything that looked like it would work. I will try my local plumbing store then. Thanks again.