Sink drain clogged with potato skins

Old 12-22-05, 12:17 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sink drain clogged with potato skins

Yep, my wife skinned a 10 pound bag in the sink . This left me with a clogged, standing water sink. I snaked good enough to get a slow drain, but my snake ran out of line. Is there any product out there that is strong enough to get these skins cleared??? I've tried the drano/liquid plumber products and I've tried a product called "thrift" I got from my plumbers at work.....still slow. Any advice or suggestions?

thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-05, 01:25 PM
You may want to try an enzyme drain cleaner such as Draincare. Enzyme cleaners cling to and "eat" organic matter. It takes overnight and may take more than one treatment, especially in your case. About $8 at Home Centers. Good luck.

Old 12-22-05, 11:02 PM
R
I asked a little too late...

Originally Posted by majakdragon
You may want to try an enzyme drain cleaner such as Draincare. Enzyme cleaners cling to and "eat" organic matter. It takes overnight and may take more than one treatment, especially in your case. About $8 at Home Centers. Good luck.
I found out after buying, my wife has a plumber coming in the morning. Which is ok....I guess. For Christmas, the sink is surely going to be used and the Draincare takes a couple applications over a day or two. Thanks for the info though. At least I have the stuff for next time....I'm sure there will be a next time.

Old 12-23-05, 04:07 AM
You might want to let the plumber know you put drain cleaner down it. They may want to wear some ppe so they don't get Drano in there eyes.