drain in middle of wall?

Old 01-09-06, 03:18 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
drain in middle of wall?

Bought house a couple of yrs ago. Much I don't know about house. Woke up this morning to water all over laundry room floor. Laundry room contains a washer, dryer, and hot water heater. Checked all connections on washer and all good and tight. No leakage apparent in hot water heater. Ran spin rinse dry on washer and noticed water gushing out of a pipe (assuming pvc) midway up wall behind dryer. Thought problem isolated until wife drained kitchen sink (above laundry room). All water from sink drained directly thru the pipe in the wall also. I think that the pipe is a vent but I don't know why it is draining water. No toilets, or sinks are clogged. Nothing seems ( so far) to have come from toilets. Ran liquid plumber down kitchen sink, no effect. Does anyone know why a drain or vent pipe would be located inside a house, what its purpose is and how do we maintain it once it is resolved?

Thanks to all,

Hddkd

Old 01-09-06, 03:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
hddkd, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
You have been in this house 2 years and it has not happened before? Is this pipe sticking out of the wall? What size is it? I cannot imagine it being a vent. Then again, I can't see it being an open drainline either. It would be great if you could post a picture of theis pipe. This can be done by putting in a site like Photobucket and placing a link to it in your post. I have to say that right now I am lost. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: