sewar line though slab

Old 01-28-06, 04:23 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sewar line though slab

i am remodeling my bathroom and i need some help
i had to pop holes in my slab for the new sewer lines and i have the sewer lines coming up through the slab but i dont know what or if there is any thing i need to put between the slab and the pvc drain pipe for my shower and toilet, before i level the slab with more concrete

Old 01-28-06, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I do not like to have concrete against PVC pipe. If the concrete shifts or moves it could break the line or rub a hole in it. You could make a form around the pipe and after it cures, use a liquid foam insulation between the concrete and pipe. Or some 1' thick foam rubber. Good luck.

Old 01-28-06, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sarris75
i dont know what or if there is any thing I need to put between the slab and the pvc drain pipe for my shower and toilet, before I level the slab with more concrete
Nothing. However, if you ever have to chisel it out again, you won't like it.
So use any kind of filler like sand, gravel, or whatever.
You can put plastic over that (especially if you are repairing your radon seal).
Then finish off with 2" of concrete sealed up tight to the pipes so that nothing can leak up through.

Old 01-29-06, 08:43 AM
slab

If you are using a pre-formed shower base you have to see what the manufactor recommends for clearance at the drain, anything that you can wrap around the pipe that will not let concrete get near it will work fine; i.e. paper, insulation or a box made out of plywood. Your toilet needs a closet spacer, I don't know if the big box stores carry them, but all plumbing supply houses will know what you mean. Lots of luck.

Old 01-29-06, 03:36 PM
S
thank

thanks once again i know more today than i did yesterday

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: