Best Options for Old System & What Is It?

Old 02-09-06, 11:47 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best Options for Old System & What Is It?

When we moved into this house 5 years ago, it had a well and water softener system. A few days later, a high pressure leak developed in the piping on the top of one of the units. I got it turned off, then disconnected the tanks from the plumbing. We got on city water a few months later, and I never got these tanks repaired and re-connected.

I'm wondering the best way to deal with these tanks--sell in the paper, give to Goodwill, put in the landfill???

The system consists of a blue salt storage tank, Aqua Perfect brand tank and timer, and Model FLM-40 Water Right Conditioner with numbers "2/93" and "Ser No 285" on the tag.

Would greatly appreciate ideas about what to do with these, and what sale value they would have. Also, what are they?

All input greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Old 02-09-06, 12:07 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You said that you did not get the tank(s) repaired. Was there something broken or just a leak? If the system is repairable or otherwise in good condition, you could probably sell the unit(s). Many people who need these systems just cannot afford them new. I would put an ad in the paper to see what kind of response you get. A few bucks is better than making the trip to the landfill and even better for the landfill. Good luck.

Old 02-09-06, 12:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
water softener

It is a water softener. New ones are expensive. If Goodwill wants it, donate it. You might be able to get $25 for it if someone can determine that the leak it just a connection or something easily replaced.

Otherwise, give it away. Or try to leave it at a recycling center.

The resin beads could be valuable especially since the price of oil is so high. But there is no easy way to verify their condition.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: