Sewer Exhaust Pipe

Old 02-13-06, 07:23 PM
jesanoldude
Visiting Guest
Sewer Exhaust Pipe

Last fall I had the roof reroofed. Good for me BUT in remodeling upstairs Bathroom l found the sewer exhast pipe(stink pipe?) had been disconnected.The two ends are about three inches apart with the pipe from the roof slanted away from the pipe that comes through the floorthe pipes are cast so would appreciate any suggestions on how I'm goin to reattach these two

TY, Kevin

Old 02-13-06, 08:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Normal installation of the vent through the roof is that the pipe is not actually held in place by the roof. There should be a boot on the roof (old houses were usually lead) that folds over the vent pipe to prevent leaks. You may be able to pull the pipes together. If you can do this, I would get a rubber coupling (Mission fitting or Fernco) and use this to connect the two pipes. These are available at Home Centers. Only other solution I can think of is using two couplings that are for cast iron on one end and PVC on the other. Same companies make these, just make sure you get the right size and configuration for the two different materials. Then cut a piece of PVC pipe (the same diameter as the cast iron pipe) and put a small section in between the two ends. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: