Bathroom Remodel

Old 02-19-06, 01:59 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 75
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Remodel

I am preparing to do a complete bathroom remodel that will probably take a month or so, doing it at nights and weekends. Is there something other than a rag stuffed in the toilet drain I can use to seal that drain. The toilet has to come out before the bathtub and can't go back until the floor is done and the bathtub is replaced. I am hoping I won't have to keep stuffing a wet rag into the drain but if thats all there is then thats all there is.

Old 02-19-06, 02:10 PM
bolide's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,725
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Yes, it's called a dollar plug (with inflation, expect to pay $3). It has a rubber bushing between two plates (metal or plastic).
You tighten the wingnut and the bushing deforms to seal the pipe. They are reusable.

Various diameters are available. Know the inside diameters for your pipe(s) before you go shopping.

They are sold in the plumbing section.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: