Washing machine discharge backup

Old 02-22-06, 08:43 AM
R
RLB
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Washing machine discharge backup

I have to stop n start the rinse cycle to avoid water overflowing the area where the discharge hose and the water hose connections are at. The time between the stop n start are about 5 secs.

I have snaked about 10 ft in the "T" drain which then leads into the cement slab flooring.
I've removed the cast iron "P" drain with a PVC 45 degree PVC to see if there was any difference. But there wasn't.
I haven't poured any enzyme drain cleaning solution yet but I think that this may be my next step.
I've lived in this house for 17+ years but only having this issue for about the last 6. The older washer did not create as much backup as the new washer is doing. Serviceman indicates the old washer rinse pump is belt driven where the new washer has immediate voltage to the rinse pump.

Any ideas other than the enzyme cleaner before I rent a more aggressive\motored snake or God forbid the call to the plumber?
RLB

Old 02-22-06, 09:48 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You didn't say anything about what sizes are now.
Your description doesn't paint a clear picture in my mind.

How high above the floor does the drain start?
What is its diameter?

Where is the trap?
How far does it go horizontally and how far does it drop vertically until it reaches the main line?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: