HELP!! I got no clue on this problem.

Old 03-25-06, 01:29 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HELP!! I got no clue on this problem.

I have a bathtub that the drain is clogged and there is standing water. It is not draining at all. The water level did not move in a span of 2 hours. Using a plunger has not helped, except to bring up what i can only assume are bits and pieces of the clog into the tub. The strange part is when the sink in the same room is turned on and allowed to drain, water comes up the drain in the tub, along with assorted crud. Anyone got a clue as to what may fix this?

Old 03-25-06, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
sickbeef, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
All the drains in that room tie into each other. The clog is probably past where the tub ties in and the sink water hits the clog and backs up into the tub. You can try a snake through the pipe behind the sink. It is easier to get it started there than through the tub drain. If you can't get it unplugged, you could try an enzyme drain cleaner such as Draincare. No caustics and enzyme cleaners cling to organic clogs and eat them. Takes over night but does work. Follow label directions including using hot water. If the clog is too bad, it may take more than one application. Available at Home Centers, hardwares and even some supermarkets. Good luck.

Old 03-25-06, 06:21 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!

I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help so much.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: