no hot water in half of my house. any ideas?

Old 03-27-06, 08:26 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question no hot water in half of my house. any ideas?

Hi. Two days ago, I noticed a noise in pipes when I turned on the hot water in my master bath. I then noticed the water was spitting out of the faucet in the sink, and then out of the shower. There was no consistent/stable flow. Yesterday morning I lost hot water in that bathroom. I then checked other bathrooms and realized that in the 1/2 bath (almost directly underneath the master bath), there also was no hot water. However, on the other end of the house, where I have my kitchen and the guest bathroom, there is hot water, which makes me think two separate pipes pump the hot water to the two opposite ends of the house. Would anyone know what could cause the lack of hot water in one end of my house and not the other? The water is heated by oil. Thx.

Old 03-27-06, 08:39 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sounds like something broke loose and is blocking the line. Since it is multiple fixtures, it must be lodged in a tee or elbow. You could try using a compressor and blowing back though one of the hot water supply lines that is not working while opening one of the faucets on a working fixture. You will have to turn off the hot water supply to do this. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: