Stuck Cartridge

Old 03-29-06, 03:58 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stuck Cartridge

Hello,
One of those quick jobs has turned in to you know what!! I have a cartridge repair kit for our shower faucet (Moen single handle). I know we made a mistake by not useing this shower in the spare bathroom. Seals must have dried; no hot water when the handle rotates. That's why Moen was kind enough to send me the repair kit. Now the hard part. Nothing to it, just use the white plastic "tool" to cover the stem, loosen the cartridge, and pull her out. No way!!! Having not used the shower, and with our mineral loaded well water, I'm paying the price. Does anyone have any tricks for getting this thing out? I've sprayed my WD-40, waiting to see if it might help. We have a one piece fiberglass shower with no way in the back.

Thanks for taking the time. I'll take any suggestions short of tearing the shower out.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 03-29-06, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Moen cartridges will get stuck. So stuck that there's a tool for it, a Moen cartridge pulling tool. Sounds like you could use one. You can see one here.

Last edited by steve_gro; 03-31-06 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-30-06, 03:33 AM
B
I have Moen cartridges and some of the hardest well water this side of the Rockies. Remember to slide out the retainer pin before trying to pull the cartridge. Use a good set of channel lock pliers and give it your best.

Good luck

bs5

Old 04-14-06, 10:12 PM
M
I found a fix for this.

You can get the sleeve out with a 1/2"-13 tap.

For pictures, see my website: Moen cartridge removal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: