leaking outside faucet when water is turned on

Old 04-11-06, 06:14 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
leaking outside faucet when water is turned on

Need some help....When the water spigot outside is off..I have no problems with leaking...however when I turn the spigot on...water leaks behind the house siding everywhere..I've checked in the basement..and all the pipes are dry going outside the house..so it appears the leak is happening somewhere behind the siding and the inside of the house...the sill plate is wet...I have a NIBCO #80 sillcock faucet..if this helps..I hate to have to call a plumber if this is something that I can simply fix....any help or guidance would be gratly appreciated..thanks

Old 04-11-06, 07:04 PM
The hose bibb is defective. When you remove the hose bibb you will find a split in the sidewall of pipe leading into the home.

Replacement of the hose bibb is the only alternative. Having a hose connected to the spout when it froze kept the water from leaving the faucet, therefore it froze and bust a couple inches in.

Those new 1/4 turn faucets are nice, but won't absolve the issue with freezing. Frostproof faucets are great just as long as you remove the hose during freeze times.

Old 04-12-06, 05:39 PM
J
Thanks for the reply...I was thinking the same thing..but needed some confirmation before I started dismantling the pipe itself..Thanks for the quick response.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: