Garden hose leaking

Old 04-23-06, 07:50 AM
Anandtd
Visiting Guest
Garden hose leaking

Hi,

We have water outlet inside garage for watering our flowerbed outside the house. When i connect the hose and open, water leaks heavily from the connection(where we screw hose and tap). I hope you know what i am saying.

I thought it is something wrong with the hose, but when i connect the same hose to annother outlet in my backyard the same hose don't have any leak at all.

I wonder what could be the problem. I am bit concerned of the leak because water leaks to a puddle and i have a recroom right next to it.

I wonder if there are any common rules to get rid of hose leaks at connections.

Old 04-23-06, 08:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Since the hose only leaks at this connection, I have to think that there is a problem with the threads on the end of the tap. You may want to try using double hose washers. Cheap solution. If that doesn't work, check the threads on the end of the tap. Maybe the top threads are messed up and not allowing the hose to thread all the way on to seal with the washer. If you find a bad thread, you can try using a triangle file to dress-up/ clear any irregularities. Otherwise, you may have to replace the faucet. Good luck.

Old 04-23-06, 08:19 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hose leak

Check to see if the hose might have gotten cross threaded on the faucet in the garage. If that is not it, then maybe you have a bad thread on the faucet. You might try using some teflon tape around the threads, before adding the hose. This helps seal the threads to keep the water from leaking

Old 04-23-06, 02:15 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,278 Upvotes on 1,217 Posts
Do other hoses leak on this faucet?

Old 04-23-06, 07:59 PM
Anandtd
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by mitch17
Do other hoses leak on this faucet?
Yes i tried other hose and that also leak on this faucet. I will try the other tips suggested and let you know.

When i verified, threads seems to look good on this faucet..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: