Washer Faucet Wall Box

Old 05-14-06, 06:50 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Washer Faucet Wall Box

I want to change the recessed box that houses the washer faucets and drain outlet. (It's old and rusty)
Maybe the easiest approach anyway, but I think I will need to cut then re-couple the hot/cold pipes. Besides the faucet assembly seems to frozen rusted solid--I can't loosen it.

Does anyone have any other general tips on making this box replacement go smoothly?

On another note--true or false--frost free faucets won't work properly unless the assembly is pitched downward slightly to allow water to drain out.
Thanks!

Old 05-14-06, 04:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Capt: Last-first 10-4. That is why the sillcocks come with a beveled shim like device that goes over the top of the mounting plate. It causes it to tip down. Very important.
As far as the washer box, yep, cutting the old out and replacing will be the best bet, although it may cause you to have to do some sheetrock work. Consider the new lever type controls. They make shutting off the units much better. And, while you are at it, stainless steel flood stopper washer hoses. If and when the water pressure exceeds what the washer normally uses, they will shut the water off until you reset it ($25 per pair at the orange big box). So if a pipe bursts, you won't have a bad day.

Old 05-14-06, 05:43 PM
C
Excellent Thank You!

Old 05-15-06, 07:43 AM
washer

I agree with chandler's post. Add one thing, wash machines should be shut off when not in use, thats what makes the single lever shut-off so convenient. Luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: