cutting of house water supply

Old 05-15-06, 11:09 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 7
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cutting of house water supply

I need to cut off the water to my house as soon as possible. The house is about 50 years old. In a pantry in the kitchen is an L shaped metal rod coming up through the floor, which I am assuming cuts off the water supply to the house. Is that possible and how do I use it to cut off the water? Am scared if I do something wrong I will really screw things up. Thanks for your help asap lol.
Old 05-16-06, 12:53 AM
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 512
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Look for the water meter. The supply valve should be within one or two feet from it on the intake side. This is the normal setup for a supply in a cold climate. The only rods I am familair with are used by the City Water Department to shut off your supply from the street. The valve is usually located about 5 to 6 feet under the pavement.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: