Garbage Disposal Problem

Old 05-27-06, 07:46 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garbage Disposal Problem

When wall switch is turned on system makes no sound. Nothing appears to be in system causing blockage. Double sink system, with bad smell now getting stronger. Reset button not working?If anyone has had this or a simular problem, please advise on method used to rectify the problem. :

Old 05-27-06, 07:58 AM
M
You found the reset switch? It is properly set? Look for an electrical problem. Breaker tripped in circuit breaker panel? Any other devices/plugs not working? Do you have the necessary equipment and knowledge to trace electrical circuits?

Old 05-27-06, 01:53 PM
re

there is a hex key slot under the disposal, you might have it locked up with something, a bone etc. take a allen wrench and turn it back and forth to see it it might be stuck, mine does it and hitting the reset button wont work, if it is stuck it will trip the breaker in the disposal..

Old 06-10-06, 06:20 PM
H
Badger.1

Gentleman, thank you for your speedy reply. Unfortunately, I am just getting back in town and picking up your advise. Once I settle in, I plan to apply your advise and getting this problem resolved.

Thank you again,

HUSBANDMAN

Old 06-13-06, 08:52 PM
B
I was just having exactly the same problem and tried to turn the hex key back and forth just two times and it worked for me. Thanks David!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: