cold water to back yard

Old 05-27-06, 09:38 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question cold water to back yard

I have installed backflow check valve in front yard, all the pipes and all stations work for my underground sprinkler system. I am now running water to back yard. Proplem is; Heavy, heavy amount of roots and neighbors cable. Question is; can I run the PVC lines up to my roof line, along the roof line to back yard valves, without losing anything? Appreciate quick reply as I would like to continue today.
Thanks

Old 05-27-06, 09:45 AM
nap
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Do you mean beside the point it sounds like an ugly installation?

Yes you will. It take power to pump the water up into the air like that and will reduce the output of the system. It will alo be susceptable to freezing if you are in the snowbelt and would have to be drained sooner than a pipe in the ground. The maintainance would be greater as well. You will have more problems by an exposed and up in the air piping system

Why is the neighbors cable in your yard??

Anyway, a rented trencher comes to mind.

Old 05-27-06, 10:06 AM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cold water to back yard

Appreciate your reply. Used trencher for most other trenches. Cannot use between houses, no room. I am digging on neighbors yard becase no room on mine. I have his permission.
Understand about the loss of pressure, but could I still run six heads? Does not freeze here nor get cold enough to be a large problem. thanks
leewest300

Old 05-27-06, 08:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
There is no need to run them up to the roof line. If your freeze threat is nil, then you could run the pipe along the siding line at the bottom of the house, and paint it the same color as the siding. That way you won't lose head pressure. Yes, and besides being ugly with a capital U.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: