odor from vanity?

Old 06-03-06, 01:36 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
odor from vanity?

hi..about three weeks ago i purchased a new vanity from Home Depot (RSI, Estate series)
and glacier bay faucet set.

since then, we've been bewildered by a glue or plasticy type odor whenever we ran the water from ths new faucet.

we never had this problem before.

i was ready to narrow it down to a crummy new faucet or the new steel braided inlet lines when this morning i sniffed aound and the odor seems to come from the "runoff hole" in the sink bowl.

it doesnt smell when i put my finger over the runoff hole. i ran the water and it seems to have disappeared!

what gives??!

is it the material that the sink is composed of? will it wear off?....is a refund/exchange in order?

any suggestions?..thanx in advance!....mike

Old 06-03-06, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It could be that something got into the overflow when in storage. Try putting the stopper in the sink and adding a cup of bleach. Then slowly (to avoid splashing) add water and let it go out the overflow. This should kill any bacteria and possibly anything else that would cause the smell. The overflow is connected to the drain just under the sink drainhole. That is why you smell it when you run water. The air is pushed back up the inside of the sink walls. Good luck.

Old 06-03-06, 01:54 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanx for the response!..i'll do that!...........mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: