Plumbing Rough-In

Old 06-04-06, 09:35 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Plumbing Rough-In

I'm planning to add a bathroom to the basement, which is currently roughed in. It has two 2" pipes and one 4" pipe (see attached)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Picture023.jpg

The house was built in 89' in IL. I assume the 2" on the right of the photo is the bath drain and the 4" on the left is the toilet. Is it safe to assume the 2" almost directly behind the 4" is the vent for both the toilet and the bath drain? It would also need to be a wet vent since it would have to serve as a drain for the sink, which will end up on the left of the toilet.

The vent for the main stack is approx 15' away and I was planning to tie into it. It is 2" coming out of the floor and converts to 1.5" at a clean out for the rest of the run up. Do you see any problems with this?

For supply, I was planning to run a 3/4" cold supply to the bathroom and drop 1/2" branches. For the hot, I was going to run two 1/2" lines from the water heater (~15' away).

I'm just in the brainstorming stage know and trying to get ideas before I sumbit plans for a permit.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-06, 02:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Everything is A-OK except running the 1/2 from the water heater. Go ahead and run the 3/4 and drop out just as you plan for the cold water supply.
Not sure why your vent converts to 1 1/2" for the up run. We always use 2" and 3" for the vent runs depending on the use factor.

Old 06-06-06, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honestly, I do not see how you can tell that the 2" behind the 4" is a vent. If it was a clear vent, it should be going up towards the ceiling and not down into the concrete floor. I thing you need to investigate more into this.

Which way is the waste line running? I think at best we can only guess.