Waste Connections For New Kitchen Sink

Old 07-07-06, 05:41 AM
Waste Connections For New Kitchen Sink

Hi---and this should be a fairly easy one:

I am putting in a new double bowl kitchen sink as part of a remodel and wanted a quick sanity check on my waste hookups. So far this is the plan, all of the below is 1 1/2" tubing:

From the bowl next to the dishwasher, it'll be
strainer,
diswasher tailpiece
waste arm running horizontally to the second bowl

From the second bowl it'll be
strainer
regular tailpiece (cut to the same length as the first)
end outlet "T" (connects in waste arm from first bowl)
"P" trap to existing waste pipe running to house waste

As mentioned all of the above is 1 1/2" tubing that will be fitted together with slip nuts. Now for the tricky part:

The existing waste pipe connecting the old sink to septic is a black PVC with an ID of 2 inches and and OD of 2 3/8". Do I tie in a 1 1/2" "P" trap to this with a reducer or do I use another method?

We are on septic and therefore do not use a garbage disposal so I'm thinking piping diameters may make a difference here. The existing waste nub is on our wall not coming out of the floor.

As mentioned I figure I can "adapt" a standard 1 1/2 "P" trap or I can put one together using bigger diameter tubes.

As with most things, I am sure there's a right and wrong way to tie all of this together---with your advice I hope to do mine the right way.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-06, 04:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes, obtain a 2" glue to 1 1/2" reducing male adapter and stick it on the abs in the wall. It will allow you hook up the 1 1/2" via ring connector.