Stupid bathtub water turner oner is stripped?

Old 07-16-06, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stupid bathtub water turner oner is stripped?

I went to go run my son a bath and when i turned the knob to turn the water off I heard a click.Then I turned it back on to see what happend and now the stupid thing wont stop running water.I dont know where the shut off valve is to the bathtub or i would just shut it off .So now Im waiting on Roter rooter to come on a sunday to fix a simple problem that my lazy husband wont get online to find out how to fix it.Its a moen faucet thingy and its clear and theres just one you turn right or left to either cut it off or on.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-06, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
asnowykitten, welcome to the DIY Forums.
Most bathtubs do not have shut-off valves. You will need to turn off the house water supply. You have a cartridge in your handle. There should be a plastic cap on the end of the handle that can be "popped" off with a screwdriver. Then you will see a screw that holds the handle on. After removing the handle (which can be tough sometimes) you should be able to remove the cartridge for replacement. be sure to mark the top of the cartridge so you put the new one in at the proper orientation as it is possible to install upside down. good luck.

Old 07-16-06, 02:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You may have just broken the tab on the clear handle. It happens alot. Once you remove the handle, check to see if that is the case. If so, you can buy handles at most hardware or big box stores. But, then, again, the cartridge may have gone south.