Drainage Stack Leaking

Old 07-24-06, 02:33 PM
DUD
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Drainage Stack Leaking

I have a rental house that I've had some drainage problems with. The first time I called a rotor rooter type company, and they snaked the drains, it was ok for awhile, 6 weeks. I called another company and they used air pressure to clean it.
I don't know what happened but after awhile water started coming out of the crawl space. I got as close as I could and it seems the water is coming out of a cast joint.

Is it possible they blew the oakum and if lead was there it also, was blown out.

When the commode is flushed, no waste, but water looks to be coming from the tee. Any help will be appreciated, I don't want to crawl under there any more than I have too. Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-06, 12:12 PM
DUD
It wasn't the stack, it is a 2 inch wye coming into the stack. Also a section of 2 inch drain coming from the kitchen is leaking. I bought 2 wyes, a 10 foot section of DWV pipe, several hubless connections.

I plan on cutting the cast iron wye in the small part coming from the stack using a short piece of 2 inch DWV glue one end and a hubless connector hooking up to stack drain. On the straight pipe I plan on using a short piece of DWV and glue at the wye and hubless connector on the other end. On the end coming from kitchen I think I will run it about 2 foot and insert a wye with cleanout plug, these will all be glued up. The last section will come from the kitchen and will start with hubless connector and on the other end it will be glued to the wye.
Do You think this will work?
Thanks, Bill

Last edited by DUD; 07-25-06 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-25-06, 01:50 PM
It sounds like it will work. I have not seen a lead joint get blown out. May be a crack in the fitting. Problem is, I can't see it from the Paragould area. Good luck.

Old 07-25-06, 02:58 PM
DUD
Originally Posted by majakdragon
It sounds like it will work. I have not seen a lead joint get blown out. May be a crack in the fitting. Problem is, I can't see it from the Paragould area. Good luck.
You are more than welcome to join me in the AM tomorrow. I have it on my list for the repairs on this rental property to be done then. Thanks for the answer, from the big city of Jonesboro. Bill

Old 07-26-06, 01:42 PM
DUD
Thanks for the help Majakdragon, It took me about 2 hours, but no leaks. Bill