Carefree low pressure shower

Old 07-31-06, 07:16 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carefree low pressure shower

I have low water pressure in my single-handle shower. There is no tub spout. The shower head is not clogged; there is low pressure up to the shower head. I had a plumber look at the cartridge. He thought it looked OK and said there might be something wrong with the valve instead (which I really didn't understand because the only "valve" I saw was the cartridge; the cartridge sits in a cavity fed by the hot and cold water supply lines) and acted like it would be a major task to fix it. There is no access panel behind the valve---another wall with a figberglass shower stall is behind. The handle is marked "Carefree", but the cartridge appears to be the Universal Rundle one shown at the following link:

http://doityourselfstore.dreamhoster...ges/476585.htm

I'd like to buy another cartridge to try anyway, but Home Depot doesn't seem to carry it (even though the above link makes it seem so). First, does anyone know where I might find one? And second, is it possible that there's debris somewhere other than the cartridge that might be flushed out with purging? I'm considering just removing the cartridge, stuffing a towel in where the cartridge sits, and turning the supply water on, but I didn't want to damage anything.

Thanks for any help.

Old 07-31-06, 02:54 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not sure where to get that cartridge but the flushing is a good idea. Tape a piece of plastic over the cartridge opening loosely with the bottom part open. This will divert the water downwards to the drain. Then you can turn the water supply on and flush it. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: