Old 08-07-06, 05:26 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

There is a water pipe leading to the kitchen sink. There is water leaking from the knob. I noticed the previous owner put a wax like substance around the leak. How would I fix such a leak. Do I take out the knob and replace it with a new one? or do I weld a completely new one in place? Or is there something I can seal this knob with as I rarely use this knob.
Old 08-07-06, 05:45 AM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,699
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I re-read you post and tghen figured out your talking about the stop.

Turn all water off to building. Pull handle and nut, repack the stem with teflon tape. Do this by just putting several turnd of tape around stem. Place stem nut on valve and tighten to snug. Turn water back on.

Replace valve as last resort.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: