WYEs vs. SAN-T vs. Sweep San T

Old 08-24-06, 08:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question WYEs vs. SAN-T vs. Sweep San T

When I connect my new 3" horizontal branch to the existing 3" horizontal branch that is nearest, what is the correct fitting? Is there a special angle of connection that is required?

Is it any better (correct) to connect it just below an existing toilet (like 10" below) and use what I can only describe as a BIG SWEEP SAN T (three 3" openings, two in line and one at the end of a big sweep el)?

Old 08-27-06, 09:11 AM
Look at your local code. You have drainage and venting fittings listed. Your code will tell you where and under what circumstance to use each proper fitting.

It's not as simple as use this and this because codes vary across the country.

Your big sweep santee...I'd look at a picture of a combo (Long-turn tee-wye or wye with 1/8th bend) and see if that is what you have in mind.

Good luck with your project...

Old 08-27-06, 12:22 PM
#1.
Is the big sweep el san tee vent only?

So then I should use a wye (a drain fitting) together with a 1/8 el (short length of pipe between) to catch the toilet from above and the branch drain behind.

A picture: http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dwvlayoutcc6.jpg

not option A or C (they are vent fittings?), but fitting B (wye) on its back taking the toilet drain from (4) in the top and the new branch in the back?

Does that make sense?

#2. Is this set up permissible: http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=toiletdrainum4.jpg

Understanding that the sweep el san t is on its back. Also ignore the san t there on its back. I removed that from the config.

Thanks in advance for your input. It is much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: