Possible pipe leak near toilet?

Old 09-04-06, 11:11 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possible pipe leak near toilet?

During the past few weeks, I've noticed that I can hear what sounds like a "trickling" of water coming from underneath the toilet (it is not IN the toilet tank or bowl). This bathroom is upstairs and when I went downstairs to the basement right underneath where the toilet is, I'm hearing the same trickling sound. My sons are young (4 and 6) and have been known to put things in the toilet bowl (like a full bar of soap, etc.) and I've had to get it cleaned out before, however, it is flushing fine. I'm fearful I have a leaking pipe now. Before calling a plumber, what should I do? I'd like to avoid unnecessary plumbing visits, if possible.

Old 09-04-06, 04:06 PM
W
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hi Check the fill valve in the tank maybe it's not shutting off the water.It could also be normal if the sound goes away after a while after you flush the toilet sort of like a garden hose will drip for awhile after you shut the water off.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 09-04-06, 06:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Also check to make sure the water level doesn't exceed the fill tube. If it does, then all that water is going directly to the bowl and will trickle out and cause the noise you hear.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: