pipe installation - dry well - washing machine

Old 10-05-06, 03:03 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
pipe installation - dry well - washing machine

washing machine is in basement. presently a rubber hose is connected to it that runs through a hole in the cinder block to ground level outside the house, where washing machine discharges. i want to replace the rubber hose with pvc pipe (afraid rubber will degrade), then bury it and run it to a dry well. i plan to leave a length of the rubber hose attached to the washing machine, then begin with the pvc just outside the house, where the rubber hose begins. My question is, what's the best method for attaching the rubber hose to the pvc? Thanks.

Old 10-05-06, 05:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Several things come into play with this. First, make sure local codes don't prohibit you from running graywater to a drywell. Second, you will have to maintain a standpipe for the washer to drain into which is as high as the tub. This is as far as your rubber hose should go. From here you could use the pvc to exit the building. Of course the rubber hose hook from the washer will fit inside the pvc. Use at least 1 1/2" pvc to keep water backup from happening.
I advocate graywater exiting the house rather than going uselessly into a septic tank. I used to expel mine into a hay field through perf pipe. At 20 gallons per cycle, that's alot of water for a septic system to deal with. But it grows good hay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: