Air in my water lines

Old 10-06-06, 03:29 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Air in my water lines

For no apparent reason, my shower and sink faucets started coughing air this week. Especially in the morning. It seems to be getting worse.

I have a well with submersible pump. I have two pressure tanks, 1 big one small. (The small one made the pump cycle two often)

What can it be? What other info do you need?

Old 10-06-06, 07:51 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Sounds as if you have a check valve failing in the pump/tank system - allowing air into the system overnight as nothing is used which would keep the system primed and ready.

Old 10-09-06, 05:49 AM
R
Turns out that the air only comes from the hot water pipes.
After several days of toilet flushing and running cold and hot in the morning, it only comes from the hot water side.

Any ideas would be helpful.

As far as the check valve, I looked for one when it started. It doesnt have one that I can find. Unless its in the well.

Now that Ive determined its hot water, I need to look elsewhere. The water heater looks normal. No leakage. Its only 4 years old.

Old 10-09-06, 06:26 AM
J
I think the previous suggestions still apply. The water heater may be just collecting the air.

Old 10-09-06, 03:45 PM
check valve

Should be two check valves. One on the line at the bottom of the well above the pump, and the second on in the basement on the line before the pressure tank and manifold.

Pete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: