new bath upstairs

Old 11-04-06, 08:49 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new bath upstairs

I'm in the process of putting a 1/2 bath in a closet upstairs. This is going to be a big challenge because this house is so old, it had no bathrooms in it when built in 1885.,,, My greatest challenge is getting a wast pipe down the wall into the basement. I will have to use a corner on the first floor and soffit it in. My question ,, Can I run the hot and cold water next to the wast pipe? Also, How would I hook up a drain. Should a drain run by itself all the down to the basement and hook that into the main stack. This drain and wast pipe are going to be going a long way. Maybe I can get away without a drain ? What's the norm? I am now in the process of tearing out walls and opening things up. Lots of dust

Old 11-04-06, 03:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How would you "get away " without a drain?

If you are thinking of tying into a vent stack which comes up through to the roof from the first floor, you definitely cannot do that. Depending on the fixture load and the size of the pipe, you can probably tie into the vent stack for to vent the new bathroom, without taking a separate new pipe through the roof. The tie in point muse be 42" above the 2nd floor level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: