Low Water Pressure (Shower)

Old 11-06-06, 04:55 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Low Water Pressure (Shower)

I have two second story bathrooms, one shower has ample volume and pressure, the other has little volume and weak pressure for both hot and cold supply. All other fixtures in bathrooms work fine,, only the shower is a problem. Both are fed by the same lines. This condition has existed since we moved in the house years ago. How do I determine whether the fixture is bad, something in the line? What do i look for to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Old 11-06-06, 06:51 PM
Normally when only one fixture is affected in the system, dirt/debri is to blame or calcium buildup.

Taking that valve apart, inspecting the assembly and cleaning it would be the first step to see if this rectifies the problem.

If not.....you'll have to check to see if there are isolation valves before this shower faucet that may be partially closed/clogged.

Old 11-26-06, 06:45 PM
R
Thanks for the points. Checked for debris in valve - none. Looked for isolation valves back to the basement and this shower has none. What about a booster pump for this run? Been on-line and found a bunch from the UK but few systems listed here in the States.

Old 11-27-06, 04:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If the sink and toilet are working fine in this bathroom, then a booster pump won't help. How did you check for debris in the valve? I am asking because flushing the lines is an important part of that check. It will take two people. Turn off the water, remove the valve unit, place a bucket over the valve and have a helper turn the water on for 3 or 4 seconds and shut it down. As the water is on, notice it's force coming from the hole. If it is sufficient, you may need to replace the valve if it proves to be clean. You didn't indicate the brand name of the valve, although after you check the flow, it will be a moot point.

Old 12-04-06, 12:33 PM
S
Low water pressure - best showerhead I ever bought!

I live in Maine and have a well. My water pressure has always been bad. My wife and my children have always complained that they can not rinse the soap off their skin or the shampoo out of their hair. I think that I bought and tried every shower head that I could ever find in every home center and hardware store in New England. They were all junk!!! Finally I found the solution at a small home show in Portland. A company was there that specializes in shower heads for low water pressure. Their name was Water Management in Boston, MA, and their website address is TAKEASHOWER.COM. They sold me a shower head that worked so well with my low water pressure that it almost felt like we had drilled another well. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Unlike all the other shower heads we bought this one actually worked. If you are suffering from low water pressure you MUST visit this website. I only wish that I had found this company 10 years ago when I first moved to Maine because I would have eliminated a decade of suffering in the shower for me, my wife and my family.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: