Peerless Single-Handle Faucet dripping

Old 11-12-06, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Peerless Single-Handle Faucet dripping

My kitchen facuet is dripping. But the problem is that the Allen Screw on the faucet has lost the grip. I asked a plumber he said to replace the complete faucet because it will be hard to find the allen screw even if we fix the faucet drip.
Can anyone suggest if I should replace the complete faucet or try to some how get the allen screw out (using a dril) and try to find a replacement?
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-06, 01:06 PM
I am assuming the allen head of the screw has stripped out.If so I suggest using a screw extractor also known as an easy out to remove the screw.It is a spiral drill bit like tool commonly used to remove broken off screw or bolts.Tap it into the hole and use it as if it was the head of the screw to remove it.Go to a real hardware store not a big box so you'll get real assistance in finding the proper size and instructions for use.

As for a replacement,unless your faucet has a specialized version of a set screw you should be able to find one that will work at a hardware store.If you can get it out take it to the store and let them see if they can match it up for you.

The entire investment in trying is a few bucks for the easy out and a couple of trips to the store.

Cheaper than a new faucet and what your plumber is counting on charging you to install it.

Old 11-13-06, 04:30 PM
spdavid,
Thanks a lot. I will try your suggestions.